Sunday, November 25, 2012

Drawing Under the Influence of LSD


The experiment took place in the framework of the U.S. government's investigation of drugs that alter the psyche, in the late 50s of last century. The artist received a dose of LSD-25 and a box of pencils and pens. He had to draw the doctor injected him.
The first image was ready in 20 minutes after the first dose (50 mg):
Figures for LSD
Attending physician records - patient draws with charcoal.
Patient Co words: "State of the normal .. until no effects"
After 85 minutes of the first dose and 20 minutes after the second dose (50 mcg 50 mcg):
Figures for LSD
The patient has been euphoric.
"I can see you so clearly, so clearly. .. You .. That's all .. I have a small problem with a pencil .. as if it is moving on its own."
2 hours 30 minutes after first dose
Figures for LSD
The patient is very concentrated draws.
"Outlines seem normal, but they are very bright - everything is constantly changing color. My hand must follow the strong current lines. I feel like my mind flows into the active part of the body - in my hand, elbow .. my tongue."
2 hours 32 minutes after first dose
Figures for LSD
Patient enthusiasm draws.
"I am trying to make another drawing. Model looks fine, but my drawing - no. My hand the country is changing. This figure is not particularly good, is not it? Throw it, I'll try again .."
2 hours 35 minutes after first dose
Figures for LSD
The patient quickly draws the following picture.
"I'll draw it in one motion without stopping .. .. one line job!"
Once the drawing is complete, the patient starts laughing, then something on the floor it's scary.
2 hours 45 minutes after first dose
Figures for LSD
The patient is trying to get into the box with paint, and he's excited. Slow to respond to the offer to paint more. He says almost nothing.
"I.. .. Everything changed .. they call .. your face .. writhing .. who is this .."
The patient sings softly a tune .. Now he paints tempera.
4 hours 25 minutes after first dose
Figures for LSD
The patient is moved to the bed, where spent about 2 hours, moving his hands in the air. Suddenly, he confidently went back to the table. Began to draw with pen and watercolor.
"This will be the best picture. Almost like the first, only better. If I'm not careful, I lose control of my movements, but it does not, because I know. I know." (He repeated this many times.)
The patient made the last few strokes, running back and forth across the room.
5 hours 45 minutes after first dose
Figures for LSD
She continued to move about the room, intersecting the space in complex trajectories. It took a half hour before he sat down and began to paint again.
"I can feel my knees again. I think medicine terminates.'s A very good drawing - this pencil is very difficult to keep." - (He is holding a crayon).
Eight hours after the first dose
Figures for LSD
The patient sits on a couch. He says that the drug is almost over, except for the fact that our faces are still a bit distorted. We ask him to draw the last pic. It executes our request without any enthusiasm.
"I have nothing to say about this last drawing. It is bad and uninteresting. I want to go home."

We have students in our Walnut Creek ,Ca  yoga tai chi qigong class studio from following zip codes: 94595 94596 94597 94598 94523 94506 94507 94526 94553 94518 94519 94520 94521 94517 94549 94563 94575 94582 94583, and beyond.

All rights reserved



No comments:

Post a Comment